Be Prepared for Cold And Flu Season
Is it the Common Cold or Influenza?
Though colds and flu’s share many symptoms- like sore throat, nasal congestion and sneezing, the flu is usually marked by more intense symptoms such as fever, fatigue, body aches and dry cough. People with a cold are more likely to have a stuffy or runny nose.
That’s because colds and flu’s are caused by different viruses. The flu is caused by the influenza virus. The leading cause of the common cold is the rhino virus. There are 100+ strains of the rhino virus (“rhino” means nose).
Tips on How to Stay Healthy This Cold and Flu Season
Cold and flu viruses are spread in a variety of ways, most often by hand-to-hand contact. To reduce your chance of catching one of these viruses, do the following:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth after being exposed to viruses or bacteria.
- Frequently clean surfaces such as computer keyboards, refrigerator door handles, stair rails, telephones, counter tops and door knobs to avoid hand-to-hand spread of viruses.
- Promote strong immune function such as switching from coffee to tea, eating garlic liberally, and adding yogurt to your diet.
- Drink lots of water, which flushes toxins out of your body while re-hydrating your system.
Since colds and flu’s are caused by different viruses be prepared for both this season. Flu strains that hit each year vary and medical experts annually select the strains to put into a flu shot, which then helps protect against these strains only. Getting a flu shot is the best way to protect against the flu.
For a cold, Healthy Moms recommends that you use Zicam, the number one pharmacist recommended cold remedy. Zicam Cold Remedy shortens the duration and it comes in a variety of forms, so you have the flexibility to choose the form you prefer.
When taken at the first sign of a cold, within the first 24 to 48 hours, Zicam Cold Remedy shortens a cold’s duration and reduces its severity.
You can chose from a selection of Zicam’s Product line:
- Cold Remedy RapidMelts with Vitamin C and Echinacea
- Cold Remedy Chewables
- Cold Remedy RapidMelts
- Cold Remedy Oral Mist
- Cold Remedy RapidMelts with with Vitamin C
- Cold Remedy Zavors and
- Cold Remedy Plus Sore Throat Relief liqui-Loz
Zicam works. I tried the Zicam Cold Remedy Zavors when I first started to get a cold. Instead of lasting seven to fourteen days like most colds do, I was over my cold in only four days. Zicam works, period.
Visit Zicam.com to find a store nearest you.