This is my first vlog post so please be patient with me, I don’t think the video is the highest quality. I promise that with time and practice I will improve on vlogging.
Tips I covered in the video:
- Eat whole grains- I shop at a discount bakery shop where we get a variety of whole grain breads for a decent price. I also use whole wheat tortillas.
- Lean protein – Rule of thumb, if the animal has four legs only eat it once a week. We eat lots of chicken, turkey, and fish. Wild Alaskan salmon is my favorite. I make sure I serve my family salmon or tuna at least once a week. Soy is also a great protein. I supplement my diet with a protein shake. Soy protein powder, 1 banana, chocolate milk powder (either Ovaltine or Slim Fast), a scoop of powdered fiber and 8 oz of milk.
- Five a day the color way- I always have fresh, raw fruits and veggies on hand for snaking. My kids love dried fruits. I make sure we eat a variety of different fruits and veggies.
- Other healthy snacks in my diet include: salt free mixed nuts, salt free or low salt popcorn.
- Avoid high sodium foods and packaged foods. I diet high in sodium can lead to heart disease and obesity.
- Don’t have time or money to join a gym? You are not alone. I get my exercise by walking around the grocery store, doing housework, and chasing and playing with my kids. As long as you are physically active you don’t have to join a gym or purchase the wii fit. I can’t afford those things on a bloggers salary.
Tips I may have missed on this video.
- Avoid sugar. I purchase sugar free treats for my family and kids. but only every once in a while. Remember they are treats. I also avoid high fructose corn syrup. I only purchase sugar free jams and jellies.
- Take vitamin supplements. I still take prenatal vitamins along with a number of other supplements. These give me the needed energy and nutrients that I may miss in my diet. I also make sure my kids take vitamins every day.
- Avoid eating out. We only eat at restaurants about once a month. This includes fast food.
Do you want to share health tips VLOG style on your blog? Grab the button, make your video and link up! We would love for you to join us. Let’s all learn how to vlog together.
Cascia Talbert is a busy blogger, publisher, freelance writer, online merchant and mother of five children, living in The Pacific Northwest. With a B.A. in history and law and a passion for writing and staying healthy, she started The Healthy Moms Magazine in 2007. The Healthy Moms Magazine is currently ranked the top health blog for moms and features several health expert writers and mom bloggers. Ms. Talbert believes that if mothers are well educated on health issues and how to stay healthy, they can pass that information down to their children and reverse the childhood obesity statistics in the U.S.
Ms. Talbert is a featured health blogger at Wellsphere.com and her articles can also be found on ezinearticles.com. She also runs the Healthy Moms Social Network on Ning, is the Chief Marketing Officer for Talbert Nutrition LLC, and is on the Social Media Advisory Board for America’s Wellness Challenge. Follow her on Google+.