How to Throw a Great Oscar Party
How to get a red carpet look at home: Celebrity stylist, host of the Style Network’s “How Do I Look?” and Yoplait Light Two Week Tune Up spokesperson Jeannie Mai tells us how to get red-carpet ready:
· The Dress: When picking a dress for your Oscar party, pick styles that show off your best assets. If you have great arms, show them off with a sleeveless look or try something like a wrap-dress to accentuate your curves. An added bonus of a cocktail dress is that it can be transformed from casual to formal with a little help from accessories – so you could wear your dress to work, add accessories and hit a party.
· Adding Glamour: You don’t have to spend a fortune to add a little flare to your outfit. Try adding a broach, a statement necklace or fabulous earrings and colorful scarf to add some glamour to your dress.
· Feeling Confident: Looking your best is also about feeling your best. With only a few days left before the Oscars, try a quick tune-up to give you that extra boost of confidence. I’m working with Yoplait Light and I love their Two Week Tune Up plan – you could lose five pounds in just two weeks which may help give you that extra boost (see Yoplait.com for full plan details).
· Shoes: Shoes are also an important part of your overall look. A pair of high heel shoes can give you added height making you look not only taller, but slimmer. Your shoes can instantly transform from casual to formal as well. Wear a classic pair of black or solid color pumps for day. Then to jazz them up for night – take a pair of pretty clip-on earrings and clip them onto the front of your shoes. It’s a great way to add some glitz to polish off your look.
Other ideas for your party:
· Set up a photo area in your home – it could simply be a corner of your living room – where each guest can take their own ‘red carpet’ photo.
· Pick a signature cocktail for the evening for something extra special.
· Play a game with your guests and vote on who you think will win each award.
Find out how you can lose five pounds in two weeks with Yoplait Light and download a free coupon by visiting this link: http://www.yoplait.com/twoweektuneup
This years’ Oscar nominees are:
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SCORE)
MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG)
SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
A Sacrebleu Production Bastien Dubois
SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)
You can watch the Oscars on Sunday February 27, 2011 at 8e|5p only on ABC