Spring Into Swimsuit Season with Delicious, Lean Protein Tyson Chicken (Giveaway)
Spring is just around the corner and that means it is time to get in shape and dig out that old swim suit, or shop for a new one. Are you ready for the warmer weather? Do you feel confident in your swimsuit? How are you doing with your New Year’s Resolution weight loss goals?
Tyson Foods and registered dietitian Tara Miller have teamed up to give women smart living tips using lean, recipe-ready ingredients, like Tyson® Grilled & Ready™ chicken. Below is a great article from Tyson to help you maintain healthy eating habits this spring.
Maintain A New You in the New Year with Grilled Chicken Meals in Minutes
Make Eating Right Part of Your Routine with Smart Living Tips from Registered Dietitian Tara Miller and Tyson® Grilled & Ready™ Chicken
SPRINGDALE, Ark., January 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — As the New Year kicks off, keeping up with New Year’s resolutions to eat right is top of mind for many. According to a 2009 consumer survey, two out of the top three most popular New Year’s resolutions involve developing better living and eating habits¹, yet many fail to keep their resolutions past the first month. To help women keep their goals for improved eating habits, Tyson Foods and registered dietitian Tara Miller have teamed up to give women smart living tips using lean, recipe-ready ingredients, like Tyson® Grilled & Ready™ chicken.
“For many women, the New Year is a time to reflect on eating habits and set goals for smarter choices for the year ahead, yet busy schedules and time-pressed meals often lead to poor food choices and failed resolutions,” said Tara Miller, registered dietitian and owner of Achieve Balance, Nutrition and Wellness Consulting. “By having a lean, pre-cooked, recipe-ready protein, like Grilled & Ready chicken in your kitchen, it’s easy to make meal choices that are both smart and ready in just minutes.”
Tara suggests making light and simple dishes, like Chili-Orange Chicken with Peppers and Southwestern Chicken Salad, made with Grilled & Ready Whole Breast Fillets or Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips. Grilled & Ready chicken offers a fully-cooked and perfectly-portioned lean protein solution for your favorite light dishes, hot or cold. Grilled & Ready chicken varieties are 98% fat free and contain no preservatives, making them a fast and smart way to make eating right part of your routine. Available in the freezer and refrigerated sections at your grocer, Grilled & Ready chicken is ready in just minutes and conveniently packaged, so you can use what you need to create delicious and smart meals in minutes, and the rest stays fresh for the next quick-fix meal.
Following are some of Tara’s quick tips to help women maintain their smart living routine in the New Year and beyond:
* Never skip a healthy breakfast — it will surely start you off on the wrong foot! Your brain needs the proper fuel in the morning and only supplying caffeine or nothing at all will not help you be at your best. Instead, try yogurt with sliced almonds and fresh fruit or some whole grain toast with natural peanut butter to start the day right. You’ll notice the positive difference and your waistline will thank you for it.
* To give your metabolism a boost, make sure to stay hydrated. What we often experience as fatigue, irritability and even hunger is actually thirst, so drink up! Sixty-four fluid ounces is the recommended amount for most people, but it should be consumed in low or no-calorie beverages. Try adding fresh slices of orange, cucumber and limes/lemons to a pitcher of water to help encourage more fluid intake.
* Nutrition numbers can be easy to remember, like 5 grams of fiber per serving for a total of 25 grams of fiber per day, 5 small meals per day, 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day and 5 ounces of lean protein per meal. For many with an on-the-go lifestyle, I encourage taking advantage of meal shortcuts like pre-cut veggies, adding frozen fruit to desserts, and using ready-made, perfectly portioned chicken like Grilled & Ready chicken to add to salads or as an entrée.
Love Our Content? Help Keep Our Site Online
“We understand that the new year brings a renewed commitment to healthier living, but women aren’t willing to sacrifice the quality or taste of their meals,” said Leslie Gordon, Group Product Manager. “Whether you’re looking to make a simple sandwich, salad or an entrée, Grilled & Ready Frozen Whole Breast Fillets and Grilled & Ready Frozen and Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are perfect, lean protein solutions to help women make smart meal choices without spending any additional time in the kitchen.”
About Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken
* Perfect for Lighter Dishes — Tyson® Grilled & Ready Frozen Whole Breast Fillets and Frozen and Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are 98% fat free and contain no preservatives, making them a delicious and smart way to make eating right part of your routine.
* Easy to Prepare — Tyson® Grilled & Ready Frozen Whole Breast Fillets and Frozen and Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are fully-cooked and perfectly-portioned, offering a lean protein solution for your favorite light dishes, hot or cold. Ready in just minutes and with their convenient packaging, you can use what you need to create delicious and smart meals in minutes, and the rest stays fresh for the next quick-fix meal.
* Tender in Minutes — Tyson® Grilled & Ready Frozen Whole Breast Fillets and Chicken Breast Strips are tender and juicy right out of the microwave—for perfectly-cooked grilled chicken in just minutes without having to turn on the grill!
* Fresh and Ready — Tyson® Grilled & Ready Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips are the perfect addition for a healthy meal on-the-go. Fresh straight from the refrigerator, they provide the perfect lean protein addition to any entrée, salad or sandwich with minimal prep time.
For more information on Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken, visit GrilledAndReady.com.
About Tyson Foods, Inc.
Tyson Foods, Inc. [NYSE: TSN], founded in 1935 with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is the world’s largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork, the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500 and a member of the S&P 500. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based and prepared food products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves. Tyson provides products and service to customers throughout the United States and more than 90 countries. The company has approximately 115,000 Team Members employed at more than 400 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
*Disclosure I received coupons for free Tyson® Grilled and Ready chicken in exchange for this article. All opinions are accurate and 100% mine.
Tyson® and The Healthy Moms Magazine is giving away two coupons for free Tyson® Grilled and Ready Chicken to two separate Healthy Moms Magazine readers. All you need to do is leave a comment to enter.
For extra entries:
Subscribe to our Healthy Living Newsletter
Follow This blog with Google Friend Connect
E mail the link to our site or this contest to a friend (make sure you BCC talbertcascia @ yahoo dot com so I have proof of the e mail)
Add The Healthy Moms Magazine to your blogroll.
Blog about this contest. Make sure you include a link back.
For every entry including extra entries please leave a separate comment. Winners will be chosen randomly from the comments and e mails that I receive. The contest ends on March 14, 2011 midnight PST and is open to anyone in the US. Please leave your e mail address in your comments. All comments without e mail addresses will be disqualified.