Amazing Health and Beauty Benefits from Drinking Water
Doctors, dietitians, nurses, and dermatologists all agree that our bodies need to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Nearly two thirds of our body is made up of water. We need it not only for survival but also to maintain proper health.
How much water should you drink every day?
Most experts agree that the average adult should drink at least eight 8-oz glasses of water a day. Larger people and people trying to lose weight need to drink more water than their thinner counterparts.
Water Health Benefits
1. Water can help you lose weight. Several studies have concluded that drinking plenty of water can decrease fat deposits and help with weight loss. If you are dehydrated your body will have a tougher time trying to break down your fat cells. Drinking lots of water also helps reduce fluid retention. When the body isn’t taking in enough water it holds onto as much fluid as it can which can result in swollen feet, legs and hands. Your body will release the stored water if you drink more water.
2. Water can help reduce headaches. Tension headaches and even migraines can be a sign of dehydration. Before you reach for that pain-killer try relieving your headache with a tall glass of water.
3. Water can give you a clearer complexion. Not only does water give dry skin the added moisture that it needs it also aids in flushing toxins out of your system which may lead to acne and blemishes.
4. Water can help improve muscle tone. Drinking plenty of water gives your muscles the natural ability to contract. Muscles need to be hydrated in order to function properly.
5. Water helps tighten saggy skin after weight loss. Water is very important in maintaining skin elasticity.
6. Water helps relieve constipation. Your body takes water away from internal sources including your colon if you do not stay hydrated. As a result you may become constipated. Drinking plenty of water will help your bowels function properly.
Listen to your body. If you are not getting enough water your body will react. You may feel more tired, have unexplained weight gain, water retention, be constipated or headaches. If you start drinking more water these symptoms should go away within a day or two.