Asian Almond Chicken Salad Paleo RecipeWe recently had the pleasure of staying in the amazing Diamond Head Suite on Waikiki Beach, amongst some of the top hotels in Honolulu. It is probably the most elegant suite available at the Halekulani Hotel. We felt so lucky! Here on the south shore of the Hawaiian Island of Oahu, you can find many, many spots with views that simply take your breath away. As you may guess by its name, this suite includes a gorgeous panoramic view of Diamond Head, the volcanic tuff-cone surrounded by the Pacific’s blue waters. This large, airy suite has plenty of glass doors and windows, and of course a breezy lanai for dining, cocktails and lounging. Fortunately, the Halekulani dining options include in-suite dining. We ordered the most divine Asian almond chicken salad. Our waiter waltzed in and commenced to serve us on the lanai, pouring us a glass of a delightful white wine that complimented the flavor of the dish. Back home on the east coast, I couldn’t stop daydreaming about that delicious Asian cuisine and magnificent view. Well, I knew I couldn’t recreate the view, but I decided to go online and try to find a matching recipe for the Asian Chicken Salad from Nom Nom Paleo. I found one that fit the bill just fine. I made it for my east coast friends and really livened up a dreary day. Asian Almond Chicken Salad Recipe:
• 2 TBS Red Boat sauce
• 3 TBS almond butter
• 1 and 1/2 TBS fresh lime juice
• 2 TBS non-sweet applesauce
• 1 tablespoon of coconut vinegar
• ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
• 3 to 4 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
• 3 medium carrots, julienned
• 3 springs chopped basil
• Large head of romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
• 6-8 peeled and sliced kohlrabi rootsMethod:Create a sauce using the fish sauce, lime juice, almond butter, coconut vinegar and red pepper. Use a whisk to get the ingredients blended in well. Use shred carrots and slice the kohlrabi. Place them in a bowl and then add the dressing. Finally, toss in the herbs and chicken. Toss once more and serve this up on a crispy bed of romaine lettuce. I hope you enjoy this dish just as much as my family and I do!
Bio: Kendra Thornton: Travel advocate, TV spokesperson, PR businesswoman, proud wife and mama of 3.
I am a long time travel expert who has been packing my bags and traveling the world since I was 3 months old! I’ve found my utmost desire in life is right here in my own home. I have mixed my excitement for travel by bringing the taste
of authentic cuisine to my own home with some of my unique recipes. Enjoy!
Did you find this information helpful? Click Here to show your support for The Healthy Moms Magazine.
Can't view this article? Join the Healthy Moms Mag Community to read this article and all content for members only.
Create a Free Account
Subscribe to Our Premium Content