Overview to wrinkles
Wrinkles are caused by many factors, primarily that of the natural aging process and heredity. Some people simply have it in their genes to develop wrinkles prematurely, others have naturally dry skin that make them more prone to wrinkles.
Prolonged and unprotected sun exposure is the number one cause of wrinkles, age spots, pigmentation, and other skin problems. Although sun damage may not become immediately visible, the damage lies underneath the skin and will eventually catch up on you.
Repeated facial expressions like frowning, smiling, and squinting form folds and creases on your skin. As you grow older, skin is less capable of capturing and locking in moisture, and skin cell repair slows down. Over time, these folds and creases formed by facial expressions gradually grow in length and depth to form deep set wrinkles, as the skins elasticity becomes poorer.
Facial Yoga = Youthful Appearance: Is it true?
Your face, just like any part of your body consists of muscles. Notice how when you exercise, skin is firm and sagginess is generally avoided with regular workouts. The same holds true for your face: when you’re facial muscles get regularly contracted and stretched, and generally stressed, your facial muscles stay firmer longer. When your face does not regularly get “exercised”, you lose your facial muscles and these are replaced by fats. Fats, unlike muscles, poorly attach to the skin. This causes skin on your face to sag, and form folds and creases, because there is nothing underneath to hold it firmly together.
Benefits of facial yoga
The beauty of facial yoga is that you obtain its anti-aging benefits without the need to go under the knife. More than just naturally helping your skin to combat wrinkles, facial yoga helps relax your facial muscles. Facial yoga practitioners have observed that facial yoga helps them handle stressful situations better. Many say that it also helps them get rid of headaches and migraines without the need to take a pill.
Seven incredible poses to keep wrinkles away
Described below are seven facial yoga poses you can try to ease tensed facial muscles and help keep wrinkles away.
1. Lion Face: Inhale deeply then hold your breath. Simultaneously open your eyes as wide as you can, and put out your tongue as far out as you can. Hold the pose for as long as you can hold your breath then release. This relaxes muscles around your mouth, cheeks, and eyes.
2. Fish face: Inhale deeply then hold your breath. Suck in your cheeks. Then, suck in your lips so they look like fish lips. Open your eyes as wide as you can. Hold the pose for as long as you can hold your breath then release. Smile with lips open wide as far as possible.
3. Look sideways: Breathe slowly and easily. Face and eyes facing forward, look to your left using your eyes only and without moving your head and neck.
4. Play the trumpet: Inhale deeply and hold your breath. Pressing lips tightly against each other without folding lips inwards, blow air into your mouth so that cheeks are fully bulged. Your face should resemble that of a trumpet player. Open eyes wide. Hold this pose for as long as you can hold your breath. Rest your face and smile widely.
5. Calm down: Rub your palms rapidly against each other so that heat is produced. Close your eyes gently and cup your eyes with your palms. Breathe slowly. Hold this pose for about a minute.
6. Neck stretch: Stand up straight, face forward. Breathe gently and easily. Drop your head so that it tilts over your left shoulder. Stretch further, letting your ears touch your shoulders without moving a single muscle located on your shoulder. Go back to original position then do the same to your right side.
7. Scrunches: Breathe deeply. Shut your eyes tight and purse lips against each other without turning them inward. Clench your fist and place on either side of your face. Simultaneously pull these body parts tight. Hold this pose for as long as you can hold your breath.
When it comes to skin care health, topical creams and skin care treatments are not the only viable solutions. There are other more natural ways to prevent aging, and that includes thinking happy thoughts and maintaining a good disposition.