Whether you are grilling out, creating a quick and easy breakfast, or lounging by the pool a smoothie is the perfect addition to a hot summer day, and incorporating products like Carrington’s Organic Flax/Hemp Blend or Coconut Oil packs your smoothie with a powerful nutritional punch.
Carrington Farms carries exclusive flax products like single-serving Flax Paks, Organic Milled Flax, and other flax foods including chia and hemp seeds. I love the convenience of the single-serving packets. You just open it up and pour it onto just about anything from cereal, yogurt – and of course smoothies.
Flax contains a rich vitamin and mineral composition as well as lignans, which means this low carb, gluten-free seed is the perfect supplement for everything from digestion to disease prevention. Carrington Farms slices their flax instead of crushing it like most flax product companies. They also preserve the largest amount of all-important Omega 3 fatty acids possible.
In addition to organic flax products, Carrington Farms carries a line of Coconut Oil that’s versatile enough to be used in cooking, or even as a moisturizer for hair and skin. With Coconut Oil Cooking Sprays and Liquid Coconut Oil, Carrington has become the leader in the Coconut Oil industry. You can use coconut oil for baking or cooking on a frying pan or skillet.
Below are some more ideas of how to use coconut oil from Carrington Farms:
- To help you feel full – mix 2 teaspoons of coconut oil with water and drink 20 -30 minutes before a meal. You will eat less at the meal because you will already feel full!
- Eat a spoonful for an energy boost
- Super hair conditioner
- Skin moisturizer
- Replace butter, shortening and other fats
- Use instead of shaving cream
- Makeup remover
- Use to treat athlete’s foot or other fungal infections
- Add to smoothies for extra nutrition
- Great for diaper rash and cradle cap
- Use it to treat lice with apple cider vinegar
- Mix in your hot coffee or tea
- Mix with oil of oregano and use at the first sign of a cold sore
- Mix with sugar for a body scrub
- Rub onto lips as a natural chap stick
- Rub to in the inside of your nose to help alleviate allergy symptoms
- Mix with chia for a double energy booster!
- Use it to on mosquito bites, poison ivy etc. to reduce itch
You can also check out these delicious and healthy summer smoothies from Carrington Farms.
Refreshing Summer Smoothies
Carrington Farms Sunrise Smoothie
These refreshing summer smoothies are made with delicious strawberries.
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp Carrington Farms Organic Flax Hemp Blend
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Carrington Farms Banana Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberries and bananas sweeten these summer smoothies.
5 or 6 strawberries, preferably frozen
1/4 cup orange juice more or less, depending on how thick or thin you want it
3 tablespoons Carrington Farms Coconut Oil – liquefied
3 tablespoons organic whole milk vanilla yogurt
3 ice cubes
For more information about Carrington Farms, to see their full product line visit carringtonfarms.com.
*Disclosure: I received a bottle of coconut cooking oil and Organic Ready To Eat Flax-Hemp blend single serving packs in exchange for this review. All opinions are accurate and 100% mine.