Food blogger, Ashley Whitmore has put together a collection of her favorite easy to prepare meals in the new cookbook, Kitchen Meets Girl: 30 Easy Meals for Reluctant Cooks. These recipes are simple, most use less than 10 ingredients and she includes beautiful images along with them. It reminds me of a smaller more modern version of a Betty Crocker Cookbook.
These American inspired recipes from grilled chicken, to sloppy Joes and beef roast are very similar to the meals that I serve to my family. However, she uses a lot of high fat ingredients like butter, ground beef and cheddar cheese and she fails to include the nutrition information for her recipes. My husband and I have fixed lighter versions of these recipes for our family for many years. Most of them are common standard recipes that many American families already prepare. She should have included substitutes for some of the ingredients or lighter recipes. For these reasons we have chosen not to include this book in our Christmas Wish List Gift Guide.
Kitchen Meets Girl: 30 Easy Meals for the Reluctant Cooks would be a great gift idea for anyone just learning how to cook, but does not want to lead a healthy lifestyle. For Healthy Moms Magazine readers, if you choose to purchase this book I recommend that you use a nutrition calculator to figure out the nutritional value of each recipe and modify it to suit your needs.
You can purchase Kitchen Meets Girl: 30 Easy Meals for Reluctant Cooks on Amazon.com or anywhere books are sold.
*Disclosure: I received a copy of Kitchen Meets Girl: 30 Easy Meals for Reluctant Cooks by Ashley Whitmore in exchange for this review. All opinions are accurate and 100% mine.
One lucky Healthy Moms Magazine reader can win a copy of Kitchen Meets Girl: 30 Easy Meals for Reluctant Cooks by Ashley Whitmore. All you have to do to enter is like Kitchen Meets Girl on Facebook, Follow Kitchen Meets Girl on Twitter, and leave us a comment with your e mail address at the end of this article. The contest ends on November 26, 2015 at 10 a.m CST and is open to U.S residents only 18+. A winner will be chosen from Random.org from the comments received. The winner will be notified via e-mail or social media instant message at the end of the contest.
For extra entries: (please leave a separate comment for each additional entry)
- Follow Cascia Talbert on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/casciatalbert
- Like the Healthy Moms Magazine on Facebook facebook.com/TheHealthyMomsMag
- Follow the Healthy Moms Magazine on Twitter twitter.com/cltalbert
- Add Cascia Talbert to your Google+ Circles
- Share this post on Google+
- Like or share this post on Facebook
- Share this post on Twitter
- Pin this post on Pinterest
- Subscribe to our Healthy Living Newsletter
- Blog about this contest or our website leave a link to your blog post in your comment.
- Add our button to your blog or website. (Our button code is found in the right side of our site.)