The Six O’Clock Scramble Helps Busy Families Plan Healthy Meals #Giveaway
Family meals are very important. Studies show that kids that eat dinner every evening with their family do better in school. This is a special time for families to connect and communicate. Sometimes we get so busy, that we forget to take time for a family meal. Aviva Goldfarb, a Today Show and Washington Post contributor and founder of the dinner planning service, The Six O’Clock Scramble, has made planning healthy meals simple and fast in her new cookbook endorsed by the American Diabetes Association, “The Six O’Clock Scramble Meal Planner: A Year of Quick, Delicious Meals to Help You Prevent and Manage Diabetes
Aviva Goldfarb shares the key to making healthy meals a reality by planning several meals in advance and grocery shopping once a week with your list. Aviva has helped thousands of people enjoy healthier home-made meals, save money and waste less.
Some of the recipes found in the book include:
- Carpool Chicken with Whole Wheat Cous-cous
- North African Shakshuka (Love Shack-shuka)
- Light and Fluffy Spinach and Cheese Strata
- Smoky Beans and Greens over Quick Grits
- Grilled Trout with Fresh Herbs and Lemon
- Spaghetti with Creamy Avocado Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes
- Fresh Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad with Shrimp
- Spicy Szechuan Green Beans and Ground Turkey
- Roasted Indian Cauliflower Tossed with Chickpeas and Cashews
The Six O’Clock Scramble is a great cook book and meal planner for not only people with diabetes, but for busy families that want to eat healthier home cooked meals too.
Aviva Goldfarb is a Today Show and Washington Post contributor, founder of the dinner planning service, The Six O’Clock Scramble (thescramble.com), and author of the cookbooks The Six O’Clock Scramble and SOS! The Six O’Clock Scramble to the Rescue (St. Martin’s Press, 2006 and 2010). Both the cookbooks and online meal-planning service have won praise and awards from reviewers at O: The Oprah Magazine, Working Mother, USA Today, Real Simple, The Washington Post, and many others.
One lucky Healthy Moms Magazine reader can win a copy of “The Six O’Clock Scramble Meal Planner: A Year of Quick, Delicious Meals to Help You Prevent and Manage Diabetes”
. All you need to do is leave a comment with your e-mail address at the bottom of this article in order to enter. No purchase necessary. This contest is open to United States and Canadian residents only 18+ and ends on March 1, 2016 at 10 am CST. A winner will be chosen from Random.org from the comments received at the end of the contest. The winner will be notified via e-mail or social media instant messaging.
For extra entries: (please leave a separate comment for each additional entry)
- Follow Cascia Talbert on Instagram instagram.com/cascia_thehealthymomsmag
- Get the free guide, Simple Meal Planning Tips for Busy Families
- Follow Cascia Talbert on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/casciatalbert
- Like the Healthy Moms Magazine on Facebook facebook.com/TheHealthyMomsMag
- Follow the Healthy Moms Magazine on Twitter twitter.com/cltalbert
- Add Cascia Talbert to your Google+ Circles
- Share this post on Google+
- Like or share this post on Facebook
- Share this post on Twitter
- Pin this post on Pinterest
- Subscribe to our Healthy Living Newsletter
- Blog about this contest or our website and leave a link to your blog post in your comment.
- Add our button to your blog or website. Grab a code HERE.
- Follow the Healthy Moms Magazine on BlogLovin
- Subscribe to our RSS.
*Disclosure: I received a copy of “The Six O’Clock Scramble Meal Planner: A Year of Quick, Delicious Meals to Help You Prevent and Manage Diabetes,” by Aviva Goldfarb in exchange for this review. All opinions are accurate and 100% mine.